I’ve got no mojo today for the painting I’d planned to do, so I’m spending the day building the next batch of Hobby Goals units, while watching the LCO coverage. Gotta stay productive! 1 down, 5 to go.
I’m not in the mood to paint this morning, but I’m going to try stay productive by building some Custodes jet bikes while watching day 2 of the LCO https://youtu.be/p9YtLW-dME8
It’s taken a few weeks, and multiple loads, but that’s the last of the card/packaging/delivery boxes from the festive period finally into the recycling.
I’ve got the house to myself from tomorrow lunchtime, until Wednesday. I keep thinking I’m going to get so much done, but 3 things are competing for my time and attention: coding, hobby progress, and finishing Red Dead Redemption 2…
I’ve been chipping away at K as time allows over the last week. It’s still a long way from where I’d like it to be, but it’s getting there…
- All theme files should be compliant with the WordPress Coding Standards, apart from a few instances where I’m planning to rewrite what’s there.
- I’ve made little tweaks here and there to the markup output by the theme, and plan to revisit this continually. I made a test post to indieweb.xyz, but it didn’t quite parse correctly last time. This post should also be submitted – fingers crossed it goes better this time! I’m also curious if IndieNews posting will be more successful.
- Files have been refactored (albeit not yet fully reorganised), with a goal of splitting up what was a growing, monolithic functions.php into smaller logical chunks.
- I’m wrestling with how to handle all of the different kinds of posts the theme will support, from a markup and display point of view. My biggest headache at the moment is the treatment of post titles. I might write another post on this topic.
- I’ve been working on making plug-in support more optional than I had it at the outset. I make heavy use of Post Kinds and other IndieWeb plug-ins, but don’t want the theme to necessarily rely on them.
- Oh, and the source code is now available on GitHub, in the spirit of “selfdogfooding“. I came to the realisation there wasn’t anything to be gained by holding the code back, and I even ran the risk of never releasing anything if I waited until it was “ready.”
I’m learning quite a bit through this exercise, which is great. It’s reinvigorated some of my love of code tinkering; I’m finding that some evenings I’m more keen to sit down at a keyboard than I am to sit at my hobby station, which is something that’s not happened in a long time!
Update 09:26 – IndieNews submission is still failing, unfortunately. Indieweb.xyz seems to be working, but I had to force a Webmention.
Just had one of the back garden fence panels implode under the high winds, and several others looking like they might go too. Just the thing I needed first thing in the New Year.
Learning about how filthy the new Gloomspite Gitz are.
Bookmarked New year, new GitHub: Announcing unlimited free private repos and unified Enterprise offering (The GitHub Blog) at (more…)
A two year project by metalsmith Seth Gould, forged and filed from scratch, set to the percussive sounds of his workshop.
If I were to have a rummage around, I’m pretty sure I could find 1-2 squads of Genestealer Cult Neophytes, plus everything from the Deathwatch: Overkill boxset… oh, and the Genestealers from Space Hulk… that’s a decent start to a small Cult, right? 🤔