Has anyone seen any good conversion ideas for Imperial/Inquisition/Ministorum Crusaders recently? I’m weighing up whether to make my own, or get some of the old metal models from GW. Send me links, pictures, or even just your ideas, if you have them! ?

So I think I’ve finally got things setup properly, where I can tweet from my website, have any replies and likes show up on my website (after moderation), *and* have the website original linked from the tweet by a custom shortlink.

‪I had no idea the Canoness Veridyan model was so much bigger than the original Sisters. Even discounting her ridiculous heels, she’s a good head taller than the others. It makes me worry about how well the plastic kit will blend in alongside the old #PrimarisSistersConfirmed‬

Bit of a bad brain evening, so I’ve spent the time assembling more sisters to distract myself. Somehow I’ve ended up with a couple more Battle squads than I expected! Still got the Repentia to go…

Hopefully the weather improves soon, so I can get them primed!

I implemented proper pagination between archive pages last night, which should help making getting around the site slightly easier. I still need to implement pagination for pages/posts that are split into distinct pages. I’m not going to implement comment pagination, because I don’t like it.

Alongside this, I’ve added some templates for archive pages and search results. There’s nothing much to these, but it does give me flexibility to give these their own special formatting if I want to.

I need to come up with a better archive page than the current “Sitemap”. The current “design” was inspired by the archive page on Daring Fireball. It works fine if you’re only posting a couple of items a week, but in January I posted 112 items1. I’ll probably keep the sitemap for discoverability purposes, but a more friendly archive page has been added to the todo list.

  1. That’s almost twice the previous high water mark of August 2018.

I need to take a break from the merry-go-round of mf2/parser compatibility. I excitedly thought it was fixed. But it wasn’t. I’ve made some further changes, and it might be fixed, but there’s a good chance it’s still broken in some obscure way… IndieWebify.me refuses to recognise my Like and Bookmark posts properly, even though every other parser I throw at example URLs comes back fine? Last I checked, IndieNews still refuses to return anything but “error: no link found.” Update: something I did today must have fixed this… I fixed a typo in an earlier post, and suddenly it was on IndieNews ?‍♂️

It’s getting a bit stressful, to be honest, and that’s means it’s time to move on to another task before it burns me out on the whole project. I’ll come back to it again in a while, hopefully have a break-through and iron out the kinks.

In better news, I do have some custom gallery markup up and running, and the h-card in the sidebar is now a fully-fledged widget. Baby steps…

Time to take a look at my lovely limited edition copy of Andy Clark’s Celestine!

The packaging and presentation of the book is definitely very nice. Hopefully I can get stuck into the story later this evening!

Shared to IndieWeb.xyz

Just had one of the back garden fence panels implode under the high winds, and several others looking like they might go too. Just the thing I needed first thing in the New Year.